Sketchup is a tool of 2D and 3D modeling that you can use to make learning sequences in the maths classroom (is an interesting tool to learn geometry in 2D and 3D).
Advantages and possibilities of this tool:
- You can save, print and share in Google Gallery your work done.
- You can make your own models or download other models made by others students.
- You can work without Internet conexion (you only need install a simple tool in you computer).
- Students will be able to develop creativity and sensibility in the math’s area and make theirs own designs.
- It is an other way to show the geometry.
In the project SketupchMáTICas https://sites.google.com/site/sketchupmaticas/ ( (doing by Eider Antxustegui-Etxarte Aranaga y Luis M. Iglesias Albarrán) you can find a lot of ideas to use this tool with imagination in your maths clasrrom.