Age: 15 to 18
The students analyze a rather simple computer game like Pac-Man according to the concepts of object-oriented programming (class, object, instance, method etc.).
What you need?:
- an online-version of the game (e.g. http://www.webpacman.com)
- enough computers for the groups
- Object-oriented programming concepts
2. Pupils’ task
- Study the game (yes, this includes playing it!) and break it down into its basic components.
- Create a UML-diagram of the game.
- Present and compare the results.
Idea by: Werner Müller
German description and materials: http://www.naturwissenschaften-entdecken.de