Divide the class into groups and give each group a location. (You can use the line or path function on Google earth to do this)
Give the class a series of tasks or questions. The less able group might be given tasks such as
- Find at least one farm
- Find two natural features (a river, a hill etc)
- Find two different sorts of houses
- Write down two place names
A more able group could be given harder tasks such as
- How many farms can you find?
- How many different natural features can you spot?
- Can you find examples of a Victorian house, a modern bungalow and a very old building such as a church or castle? (using street view)
- Make a list of the place names in the area and find out what they mean.
- How far is it to the seaside?